Sona Masoori Rice – 2 cups
Grated Coconut – 1 cup (preferably tender coconut)
Salt – to taste
1. Wash and soak the rice for 2-3 hours.
2. Drain and grind it to a smooth paste along with grated coconut.
3. Pour water and thin out the dosa batter. The batter should be very very watery. Add required salt.
4. Heat a dosa pan on medium low heat. The tawa should not be very hot.
5. Pour a ladleful of batter in the tawa and rotate the tawa so that the batter spreads evenly into a very thin crepe.
6. Drizzle few drops of oil, cover with a lid and cook on low flame for a minute or two.
7. Gently remove the dosa and fold it into a triangle.
8. This dosa remains very soft for a long time. So you can make this well ahead of time for parties, for guests or picnics.
Serve with a chutney (coconut chutney or a tomato chutney, sambar etc.) for breakfast.
Not good in spring season!!!!!