Another wonderful Winter treat, Almond Kheer
Dosha Dominance: Pacifies Vata, but increases Kapha
Nourishing, calming, soothing dessert dish.
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
- 40 whole, raw almonds soaked in water overnight and peeled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1 tsp. charoli nuts
- 5 cups of milk
- Soak the saffron in 1 tablespoon of milk or warm water for 15 minutes
- Blend the almonds with 1 cup of milk until liquefied.
- Boil the remaining milk..
- Add charoli nuts, cardamom powder, sugar and blended almonds to the boiled milk.
- Serve warm or cold.