Another winter recipe
Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, diced
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. ghee
- a mix of powdered coriander, fennel, turmeric, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté the diced onion in ghee until golden brown.
- Add 1/2 tsp of mixture of spices
- Add the diced pumpkin.
- Roast the pumpkin until golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Salt to taste.
- Simmer the pumpkin mixture until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Mash the pumpkin until creamy and smooth.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.