1/2 cup ragi (red millet) flour
1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions whites
1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
1/4 cup grated carrot
1 1/2 tbsp buttermilk
1/2 tsp green chilies
salt to taste
ragi (red millet flour) for rolling
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into soft-smooth dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5″) diameter, using whole wheat flour.
- Place the roti on a non-stick pan. Turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more rotis.
- Serve hot.